WHAT HAEL KNOWS
Successful project management not only relies on a standard set of tools but it also requires experience to handle the unexpected. With a decade of project management experience, Hael has successfully executed a range of efforts from large-scale enterprise system upgrades to complex data-driven, ecommerce websites. Employing a philosophy of “servant leadership,” Hael collaborates with team members to ensure quality project deliverables are implemented that exceed the customer’s expectations.
Effective communication is not simply a means of transferring information clearly and concisely but it must also account for the perspective and diversity of the intended audience as well as the channel by which it’s delivered. Whether it’s a status report to project stakeholders or a simple email, Hael meticulously creates each communication ensuring that the message is direct, succinct and focused.
PROCESS / WORKFLOW
In order for a project to be successful it cannot only rely on the execution of its tasks but it must be built on a strong structural foundation. An effective workflow creates a mechanism for projects to be efficiently executed in order to ensure the success of future efforts. Hael develops effective workflows and processes that are implemented with careful consideration paid to their structure and the individuals involved.
USER INTERFACE / EXPERIENCE
User Interface & User Experience design requires creating a unique balance between the aesthetic and functional dimensions of the digital world. Regardless if it’s a comprehensive wireframe or a simple sitemap, Hael executes this theory by delivering an end-product that achieves the project requirements, incorporates the end user’s perspective while providing a solid foundation for the next stage of development.
HOW HAEL DOES IT
MS Office, MS Visio, MS SharePoint, OpenText Livelink, Basecamp, Harvest
MS Project, FastTrack Schedule, CA Clarity, Rational ClearQuest, Rally
HTML, CSS, XML, WordPress
Design & UI / UX
Adobe CS, Axure, OmniGraffle
What makes Hael distinctive is the breadth of his experience within the design, software development and project management industries. Hael’s desire is to combine this expertise and knowledge to deliver the best solution for his clients and their audiences. Based in New York City, he tweets about his digital passions including effective UI/UX issues, progressive web design and emerging technologies as well as his special interest in urban planning and mobile applications. Also, he loves coffee and Pringles (not necessarily at the same time).
Hael has been vegan for 10 years, which has shaped his perspective on our world today. While Hael does enjoy tasty Thai takeout, he’s often in the kitchen creating a favorite comfort food dishes.
Hael has had a love affair with music ever since he was a child. While being pretty much tone deaf, Hael has a deep passion for uncovering new artists and sharing these discoveries with his friends and coworkers.
Hael has one signature feature that doesn't go unnoticed, his beard. After winning his very first competition, Hael has gone on to be actively involved in the sport of competitive bearding.
Hael has been a long time admirer of bulldogs. Currently the father of a 55 lb. English Bulldog, Hartley. Hael maintains a dogged determination to remain calm when encountering his stubborn disposition.
2013 - 2014
DIRECTOR OF TECHNOLOGY
New York, NY
- Recommended strategic technical direction and workflows for perspective projects including recommending appropriate solutions
- Developed technical documentation including robust business requirements, detailed wireframes and sitemaps
- Maintained all in-house technical infrastructure, hardware, equipment and software as well as prescribing and implementing workflow solutions
- Led a development team on the construction and coding of all websites, banner ads, and digital marketing campaign assets
- Executed all digital projects from initiation to implementation; including budgeting, scheduling, bug tracking and vendor management
2011 - 2013
- Directed the development of a multi-faceted solution comprised of a custom CMS, multiple data point integrations, ecommerce functionality and user portals
- Designed a custom content management system with direct responsibility for the creation of the wireframes and technical documentation
- Collaborated with the development and architecture teams to ensure an appropriate technical solution was developed that adhered to the customer’s requirements
- Supervised an off-shore development team including the management of their workload and conducting daily scrum sessions
- Managed all project components from construction to implementation including schedule, budget and resources
2006 - 2011
PROJECT MANAGER II
- Managed several highly visible, multi-million dollar enterprise wide efforts that impacted multiple business units
- Directed execution activities utilizing standard SDLC methodologies and applying PMO’s development criteria
- Led a cross-functional project team of 30 members comprised developers, testers, vendors and business analysts
- Facilitated bi-weekly status meetings with project sponsors, Directors, Vice Presidents and CIO
2005 - 2006
PRINT PRODUCTION ANALYST / PROJECT MANAGER
- Provided technical sales support, conducted analysis and developed workflow solutions
- Deployed new customer software implementations including data extractions/migrations
- Onboarded new clients; set-up accounts, trained users and provided daily operational support
- Developed specifications for system enhancements with correlating user documentation
2002 - 2005
PROJECT MANAGER / PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR
- Maintained complex print production schedules for multiple clients ensuring timely delivery
- Collaborated with clients to outline business requirements and recommend workflow solutions
- Supervised and directed a team of 20 designers, QA personnel and copywriters
- Directed all phases of print production including the migration of work to an off-shore production team
HOW HAEL CONTRIBUTES
Director of Technology & Social Media
The H&HHS has a mission to research and record the history of Upper Manhattan as well as promote unique neighborhoods of Harlem and Washington Heights.
The GCBA aims to promote tolerance and acceptance of all facial hair. The GCBA desires to help our local community, through donations from events planned by GCBA or volunteering at non-facial hair related events.
Hael will be in touch with you in a bit.
(Close this thing)